Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm going to be in a movie!

Several weeks ago a friend, “conned” me into working as an extra in the movie “Comeback”, staring Ice Cube.

I don't know who took this picture, a friend sent it to me...... yes, the same one who got me involved in the first place....Yep, Cindy, I'm talkin' about you..... Just for the record. She got me to go, and then she didn't! Anyway, it was taken during down time between scenes. I am on the third row from the bottom, next to the fence, pink shirt, blond hair.

The film is based on a true story about a young girl from Illinois, who is a quarterback on a football team. Ice Cube, plays the part of her uncle and coach. It was a really interesting experience, watching how a single scene is filmed from a dozen different angles. The weather was perfect and I even got a little bit of a tan.

I was an extra as a football fan for the game. It took two days to film the game and I only remember seeing five downs, just filmed from lots of angles. We were all given props; pom-poms, coke cups, popcorn and such and then we jumped up and down like crazy on cue… It was really funny, because we weren’t allowed to make any noise…. Just pretend to be yelling. The scenes had dialog from the actors, so we had to be quiet. They are going to add the yelling in later. Crazy!

The set was fascinating. The Pop Warner game is set in Miami, Florida so, they brought in palm trees and planted them around the stadium and built up the beds with pineapple plants and sand. It really did look like we were in Miami.


I didn’t like the long days, though. I had to get up at 4:30am to drive to Shreveport and we weren’t finished until 6:30pm…. It took me almost a week to catch up with my sleep… But the food was GREAT! We were served buffet style and had snacks and drinks offered to us all through the day. I was very impressed with how organized everything was…… Also, a shout out to my two new friends – June and Sheila. They were tons of fun and I really enjoyed getting to know them. You’ll see us sitting together in the stands.

The movie is set to be released on July 25th, so watch for me in the stands during the "Big Game". I'll be wearing a pink shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they encourage me to keep writing and posting. :-)