Monday, April 28, 2008

Cookie Cake

Saturday was our baby’s 18th birthday party and we had a crawfish boil out at Cypress Black Bayou. We decided on Tuesday that that’s what we were going to do, so I spent most of the week making all the arrangements. Several of our church family and friends were tent camping at the lake and were already there, so it was a perfect plan.

Friday was crazy as I was shopping for all the food and party supplies and I also baked her a cookie cake for the event. I was so proud of my cookie cake. I am not a cake decorator, but I have lots of fun playing with frosting. I made a little crawfish out of frosting on the cake and also decorated it with pink and yellow flowers. It turned out sooooo cute!

We got up early on Saturday morning to save our favorite spot, unloaded most of the party supplies and the cooking pots and covered the picnic tables with plastic and then drove over to Shreveport to pick up the live crawfish. When we got back we put the crawfish out and the rest of the food, then we left our tables and drove over to the tent campsites to get big sister so she could help us. We were gone for about 15 minutes.

When we returned, this is what the cake looked like……. Wanna take a guess as to who the culprits were!







HINT: They flew up into the trees and sat there taunting and crowing about it for about an hour before they got tired of bragging and left to torment someone else…… YES! A pair of crows!!! -Pecked that poor cake to bits….. Oh, and just for the record, the kids cut off the bad parts and ate it anyway…. Yuck!


A few more pictures of the crawfish boil:
Playin' with their supper -




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they encourage me to keep writing and posting. :-)