Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mocha on Ice


I dreamed and wished for a white Christmas, but no snow. Instead, we have had temps in the teens for several days, almost breaking (but not quite) a hundred year record low.

This past week is only the third time I have seen our pond frozen solid. Unfortunately, Louisiana folks don’t keep ice skates in their garage. Wouldn’t that have been fun!

I tossed a stick onto the ice just to see what our chocolate lab would do….. yeah, I sorta have a mean streak in me. LOL He couldn’t get his footing on the ice, but kept trying until I called him off. In this pic he is standing on the ice trying to decide how to reach that stick. I really wish I had a video camera, poor baby. Actually, it was pretty hysterical.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! We, too have had very cold weather, no snow either! Probably a good thing, we would all either be at the grocery store before the storm or waiting patiently for it to melt, since most North Carolinians don't fare well driving in snow.

    Have a wonderful week, beautiful picture!

    Debie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... they encourage me to keep writing and posting. :-)